The following is a summary of Empress Resources approach to Corporate Governance. The CEO and CFO report to the Board of Directors and are both required to act in accordance with the scope of authority provided to them by the Board. The Board does not have any standing committees other than the Audit Committee and the Investment Committee. The Board delegated the authority to the Investment Committee which comprises David Rhodes (Chair), Jeremy Bond and Alexandra Woodyer Sherron to be responsible for the following:
- Review proposed investment opportunities to ensure they meet the investment criteria as established by the Board;
- Advise and negotiate the terms of any investment;
- Review and recommend funding for the investment opportunities;
- Oversee legal, technical and know your client due diligence on investment opportunities;
- Identify and manage potential conflicts of interest;
- Make recommendations to the Board; and
- Review the performance and outlook of the portfolio.